Some of the best media I’ve come across in 2018: books, music, TV shows, podcasts - all of these things I’ve recommended multiple times. This is a running list and will be updating as I remember more.
Books I read and recommended:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear - A great framework for creating lasting behavioural changes (my review)
- The 5th Discipline by Peter Senge - about building teams that improve through continual learning. Not a new book, but one I disccovered this year. Recommended multiple times.
- High Growth Handbook, Blitzscaling and The Messy Middle - All three books are about growing a company in the “1 to n” phase.
- It Doesn’t Have to be Crazy at Work - The antidote to the previous three books. A sober take on company building - not found much in tech.
- Seeking Wisdom from Darwin to Munger - Full of lessons and insights about life and work
Music I played on repeat:
- This incredible Black Thought freestyle
- Enter the Marauders - a Wu-Tang / Tribe mix by DJ Filthy Rich
- NASIR (Nas)
- Scorpion (Drake)
- November (SiR)
- KTSE (Teyana Taylor)
Websites I found and frequented: